This Page

has been moved to new address

Inexpensive Gift Basket

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bargains with Barb: Inexpensive Gift Basket

Monday, February 28, 2011

Inexpensive Gift Basket




Okay, I was invited to a Housewarming a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, my funds were a little tight that week so I was like, what to do? I decided to make a gift basket and go shopping at home in my "goodie closet." The only out of pocket (OOP) expense that week was $5 for the basket which was on clearance from VD the week before at half off. Whoo, hoo. Everything else was items I had gotten either FREE or close to free from my previous shopping trips to places like Target, CVS, Harris Teeter, Avon or freebies I got in the mail. My out of pocket for everything above was approximately $18 and $5 was for the basket and the photo album was another $5 so basically for everything else I spent $8. The estimated retail value for everything was $87 and yes I was able to put everything you see in the first picture in this basket. lol. So what exactly did I put in this basket? Dayquil, Nivea shower gel, Love photo book, glade freshener, hot cocoa, Starbucks coffee sample pack and another coffee sample pack that I can't think of the name off right now, Carmex lip balm, Avon hand lotion, 2 razors, Colgate toothpaste, Johnson and Johnson first aid kit, feminine products, Trident layers gum, Planters almonds, 2 deodorants, hand and nail cream, Vicks vapor drops, 2 Reese's candy bars (I actually switched out one for a Hershey's bar), Tylenol Precise, Breathe Right strips and a mini popcorn. By the way, they absolutely loved the gift. They thought it was a neat idea. So in case you are wondering, what am I ever going to do with all of this stuff, think of gift baskets, housewarming, thinking of you, teacher appreciation gifts, get well soon, etc. I mean come on, a lot of these prodcuts were name brand and they were for the most part FREE and who doesn't love free? I know I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home